Sie finden unsere neuen Webseiten hier:

Applications to the examination boards at Environmental Campus Birkenfeld


Applications to the examination board of the Faculty of Environmental Planning/Environmental Technology and of the Faculty of Environmental Business Management/Environmental Law as well as the study courses IMAT Eng. and IMAT Sc.

According to sect. 2 para. 4 HochSchG (Law on Higher education) universities support students balancing family and studies. They make allowances for the special needs of students with children and of students who factually mind relatives who according to a medical expert’s report need permanent care. They ensure that students with disabilities have equal opportunities to participate and that the services and facilities of the university are fully accessible and can be used as independently as possible. Furthermore, the examination regulations include a compensation for disadvantages.

The examination officers provide individual and detailed consultation for students. In case of personal problems or problems concerning your family please do confidentially turn to the examination office in good time to ensure that the best possible solution can be found. The officers of the examination office and the members of the examination boards are subject to official secrecy. The applicants’ requests are treated with the utmost care and discretion. It is the sincere intention of the Trier University of Applied Sciences to support students whose studies are affected by trying circumstances.

The examination boards at Environmental Campus Birkenfeld are in charge of the organization of examinations and decisions concerning examination matters. Thus, they are the committees in charge to decide on students’ applications regarding the passing of examinations in any way.

Examples for possible special permission:

  • Deferment of the counting of the possible examination attempts or the 1+4 regulation
  • Suspension or extension of the registration date of the thesis or of the time granted to work on the thesis
  • Exemption from compulsory attempts for individual examination
  • Complete or partial exemption from the obligation to take examinations during a whole semester
  •  Extension of writing time during written examinations
  • Exemption from the obligation to present medical certificates from the medical officer

Special permission, as for instance the above-mentioned, are only granted if real and sound reasons could be presented and made believable. Therefore, the application process requires the following steps:

  1. Written application detailing sound reasons and including appropriate supporting documents as evidence such as medical certificate in case of illness, especially chronic illness, certificate of the need for care of a relative that is looked after, birth certificate and pediatrician’s certificate in case of illness of children, gynecologist’s certificate in case of pregnancy naming the possible harms for the mother’s or the infant’s health or the risks, certificate of diagnosed dyslexia including a medical recommendation of compensations such as e.g. extension of the writing time, and the amount thereof, death certificate in case of death of a family member etc.

  2. Submission of application including all documents at the examination office. The application will be passed on to the respective examination board.

  3. The applicant will be informed about the decision of the examination board in writing by the examination office. A statement of reasons will be included. The same applies in case of a rejection. As the need arises the applicant will receive special certificates that have to be presented e.g. when sitting examinations.

For further information and consultation please contact the examination office. Follow this link Initiates file downloadLink Initiates file downloadfor an outline of the procedure.

Current Information on the Acquisition of medical certificates Concerning the Inability to Participate in an Exam

Please remember the stringently required presentation of supplementary sheet for the submission of medical certificates, unless you used the form “medical certificate” of the Environmental Campus Birkenfeld. Other medical certificates can only be dealt with, if the supplementary sheet is attached.

The received medical certificates for exams can only be registered when grading is finished on QIS (generally after the post-exam review). Medical certificates of the previous semester are therefore only ascertained at the beginning of the following semester. We ask you kindly not to get out of patience, if you recognize on QIS, that medical certificates is not yet registered and there is a 5,0 because of absence. The medical certificates will be captured as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Guideline for the Transcript of Records

Official Transcript of Records with Confirmation of the University (e.g. BaföG Office)

Official transcript of records with confirmation (signature and stamp) of the university can be received at the registrar’s office at the service point. Please follow the following steps:

At room 24/035 a student working place is situated for choosing the transcript of records. There is a computer, where the students are able to log in to the QIS-portal. A guideline on how to do this is posted right next to the computer.

The chosen transcript of records will be printed at the service point. The advisor adds the signature and stamp. Straight after printing, the sheet can be picked up at the service point.


Transcript of Records as a Personal Overview

Through following paths you will get to the link “QIS-Portal“ where you can get your personal transcript of records in German or English:

 Campus -> administration -> examination office -> contact to examination office: there you will find the link to the QIS-Portal


Students -> online platforms: there the link to the QIS-Portal will be on the right side

After clicking on the link you will be redirected to the login of the QIS-Portal on the website of Trier University. For logging in you need to enter your identification of the computing centre Birkenfeld (Windows/VPN-Login). If you do not have any yet, you will get one at the computing centre.

After this you will get to the area „my functions“. Here you can register or deregister for exams, you can see an overview of your registered exams, you can get your transcript of records and download it as PDF.

Through the link “downloads” you will get an overview of the possible transcripts of records and you can click on the transcript of records you want for downloading and printing. The transcripts are in German or English.

Out of the campus network you will have to connect through VPN. Therefore, please follow the instructions of the computing centre to install the  Einrichtung eines VPNwith the Cisco-VPN-Client. Afterwards you can obtain your transcript of records as explained above.

If there are any questions please contact the examination office or the computing centre.

Internal Change of the course of study

Please contact the examination office for an internal change of major. There you will receive extensive advice and the needed forms.

Thesis and Finishing Your Studies

This can be found as a download link in the slot “Forms for Students”. Please choose the form applicable for you from your department.