Sie finden unsere neuen Webseiten hier:

How to apply?

The next program will start in October 2018. Applications should be submitted by 15 July 2018 (15 August 2018 for EU applicants).

Please remember to:

  • Submit your application early enough! Visa processing can take several months and you will not be able to enter the country without a valid visa.
  • Apply for the correct visa! Tourist and language course visas cannot be converted into a student visa. With the wrong visa, you will be forced to leave the country at some point and apply for the correct visa at home.

Application documents:

  • A higher education university entrance qualification (for German universities)
  • English language proficiency (e.g.):

    • TOEFL (internet-based: 71 / computer-based: 178 / paper-based: 489)
    • IELTS (band 5.0)
    • TOEIC (707 points / B2)
    • English as examination subject or advanced course with grade “good” or “very good” (Information for German students: Abiturzeugnis Leistungskurs Englisch mit mindestens 10 von 15 Punkten im Durchschnitt der letzten zwei Schuljahre oder Abiturzeugnis Grundkurs Englisch mit mindestens 11 von 15 Punkten im Durchschnitt der letzten zwei Schuljahre)
    • Exceptions are possible, if school or studies have been completed in English, if you are a native speaker or come from a country where the official language is English

  • A detailed Curriculum Vitae/Resumé (with your complete school/college/university history)
  • Signed Application Form (Uni Assist)
  • Authorized Copies of your previous education

Application procedure for students, who have received their higher education entrance qualification outside of Germany

In order to apply for admission to the program, you need to submit the above-mentioned documents through Uni-Assist which you will first need to register for.

The core task of Uni-Assist is the evaluation of international school/university certificates. Uni-Assist examines if the submitted school/university certificates are equivalent to German school/university degrees, i.e. whether they qualify in principle for admission to university studies in Germany.

How do I apply via Uni-Assist?

  1. Register for the Uni-Assist online portal.
  2. Answer the basic questions.
  3. Select our university and our program under search study offers.
  4. Set up your application. Make sure that you answer all questions without omissions.
  5. Please upload each document only once. Give your documents an unambiguous name in German or English.
  6. Send your application to Uni-Assist online.

Please note that Uni-Assist charges a fee for the revision of your documents. The exact amount, payment options and deadlines can be found on the Uni-Assist website.

In order to apply via Uni Assist, please search for our university “Umwelt-Campus Birkenfeld” which is located in Hoppstädten-Weiersbach. You can then search for the Bachelor program “Sustainable Business and Technology”.

Application procedure for students from Germany and students who have already received an admission note for the winter semester 2017/2018 for the Bachelor Program “Sustainable Business and Technology”

Please use our university’s online application portal to apply:

Please also have a look at the checklist and application procedure for more detailed information:

Higher education entrance qualification - General Information

To apply, you need a higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung, or HZB). In Germany, the most common form of the HZB is the certificate of general higher education entrance qualification, or Abitur.

A foreign HZB typically consists of the school diploma earned in the applicant‘s home country or a combination of a higher education admission exam, school diploma and years of postsecondary study. If you do not have a German HZB, you should check whether your prior education allows you to enter higher education in Germany in the first place and whether you can start your studies right away or need to take an assessment exam (Feststellungsprüfung) first.

You can find this information in the anabin database (, under “Schulabschlüsse mit Hochschulzugang.”

For an English version, see